Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Beginning

Good morning, afternoon, or night depending on where you are,

I just want to outline my goal for this in the form of a mission statement, if you will.

I seek to examine modern day US society with a critical eye. My sources for inspiration will included (but will definitely NOT be limited to) current events, politics, entertainment, financial news, and my daily commute into work. It seems on a daily basis I am positively dumbfounded by the amount of stupidity (for lack of a better word) that I see go unobserved and unchallenged. My job is to open others' eyes to absolute absurdity that we let run unchecked.

A little background first. I am a yuppie (young professional BTW) living in the DC metro area (yes, by choice). I graduated from college in 2008 (where that was I will keep a secret for now) and have been here since then. I consider myself a fairly average guy just trying to live life, I am not a Republican, Democrat, Conservative, or Liberal.... I have my own opinions on issues that can't be summed up by Left or Right or by a party name (I have been called many other names as well but they are not fit for print).

I will rant (and write in parentheses where probably not appropriate). Enjoy my increased blood pressure and take solice in the fact that my opinions make no real difference in the world!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment